FRONT END DEVELOPER
I stumbled upon the web 1.0 at the beginning of Highschool. Since then, coding has shaped my way of thinking in a more logical and structured way (maybe that's why I say a lot in a few words :P). Meanwhile I've grown to enjoy nature (especially hiking and snowboarding). When I'm not coding, I enjoy my other hobby: photography. I'm the best at what I do, because I love my job.
After my weeding I realize I could help a lot of people make their special day a lot easier, faster and with less fuss. This drived me to create this website which is a directory with venues, DJs, cakes, dresses and much more. A project where I'm testing out the full benefit and downside of using SPA (single page application), based on the Backbone framework.
A site for skills marketplace, designed for the Middle East. I was hired especially for cleaning up the code and files and page load optimization. I've created sprites, managed folder structure and split the codes into manageble files. Was my first time in contact with Django - python (I fell in love with it). After the cleanup, the client was happy with my work and we've continued working on slicing PSD and UX work, on which I end up refactoring or creating from scratch about 70% of the entire front-end of the site. Was real fun to work with the team from Dubai and I feel I made some friends.
I worked with their team on a project basis, mainly slicing PSDs. Creating sites for companies like UPC, YEPP. Worked in a team with 4+ web coders under agile development. Was a real chance for me to learn a lot from my colleagues.
It all started from my love of nature and the knowledge of its power to heal and shape our life. A directory with plants and their capabilities to make our life better.
Elance.com, Freelancer.com, Odesk.com
I've started on Freelancer.com, but recently I've been gettin 80% of my clients from sofuxro.elance.com. The rest of 20% are clients who have returned because they've loved my code and enjoy working with me.
Semantic, commented and W3C validated code. Desktop, mobile and print version with SEO friendly code. Since 2017 PWA (progressive web apps) is a big focus from my part.
with LESS, SCSS and STYLUS
Started with CSS 2.1 and since then I've evolved along side with the language. I'm always up to date (checking css3please.com and canIuse.com). Clean, commented, on-line css files.
The code is corss-browser compatible (IE9+ and modern browsers). Responsive design is last but not the least important skill.
Page Load Optimization
Started with image optimization (png / jpg depending on the case) and sprite usage. Yslow from Yahoo, the first really pro tool for this job. To study the paint time and order of resources being downloaded I use Chrome Dev Tool. I also use css & js mimification and compression and lazy loading.
AJAX, JSON, jQuery
with underscore templating
I've started with small, simple view projects, but once I got to build complex project I started using Marionette.js
Angular.js & React
Started at the beginnig of 2014 and had a rapid evolution since then. Lately I've started playing around with Vue.js which, I think, will be the next best think.
Gulp.js (transitioned from Grunt.js)
I use it for Stylus pre-compilation and css files spliting/merging. Again with js files for minification, compression and splitting (big js files into modules)/merging.
Photoshop & Sketch
especially for image slicing
I've started creating logos and small site designs. I did gif animation, photo manipulation, but my main use of Photoshop is slicing the PSD into well crafted HTML & CSS code. For a few years now, I've also been working with Sketch as more and more designer work with Apple products. On my latest project I've also worked with InVisionApp, which is a really good competitor.
Used in clients projects and also in personal ones. Experience with gitHub but also with git on a custom server. In the past I've worked with SVN.
Php & MySQL
with Laravel framework
I've crossed paths with PHP & MySQL a lot in the time I've been developing. I have a knowledge of structuring, coding, functions, capabilities and (most important) possible issues of the languages. But being a front-end guy, I never concentrated on this part of a site. There was always a backend-er (as it's supposed to be) or if I did a personal site, was a small one that never gave me the chance to go PRO on the backend. And I always go in life on the principle that you should be better at one thing (front-end in this case) than mediocre at 3.